It took 30 minutes

but he's down! I nursed Asher at 10:15 and placed him in his crib half awake. Within a few minutes he fully woke and stood up in his crib but as always he was just crawling around talking to himself. So I just let him be. It was hard. Harder than I thought it would be. He was fine and mostly happy, but he kept calling 'mama'....'mama'....He fussed a bit too. Never any crying, just fussy grunts and then silence. Silence within 30 minutes. I couldn't see him in his monitor so I went up to check on him and he was fast asleep at the end of his crib. Crazy. Now to see how long he naps for.

I guess my little boy is just growing up and I need to start transitioning him
out of the 'baby' realm of life and into toddlerhood. I miss napping with him and bringing him into bed with me in the morning. Now I have to give up our rocking to sleep routine...I know I need to embrace these stages because that's how life's going to be with a child...a constant growing up phase...but I already miss my baby boy. He's getting so big...so independent and he's only 10 months!!!

Sweet baby boy, can mama just bottle you up and save you forever? I know each phase is going to be so cool and I already can't wait to sit in the rain for your soccer and t-ball games...but you're just getting there so fast! Promise me you'll always be my little boy. Promise me that you'll let me snuggle with you even when your 10 and I'm totally uncool. I love you sweet baby boy!!

Comments

Katie said…
Wahoo - good job, Mama!
I agree - it's TOTALLY hard to listen to them not sleeping at naptime... but it's so cool when they finally do put themselves to sleep. way to go, Ash!

Popular Posts