More sleeping updates

After Asher's miraculous sleep from 8-7, the next night he pulled 8-6 and then went back down after nursing until 7:45. Last night he woke at 1, sat up and fussed in his crib for a few minutes and then laid back down and fell back asleep. He woke again at 3, so I went in to nurse him and he slept until 7. I think he's trying to keep sleeping at night, which has been nice.

I'm still working on our new naptime/bedtime routine. He's still standing up in his crib as soon as I lay him down, unless he's exhausted and falls asleep nursing. He fusses and then starts wailing, so I always go up to calm him down and lay him back down. I usually have to go up once or twice before he stays asleep.

Tonight he's waken up three times now in the past 30 minutes. He's woken up crying, he sits up and cries for about a minute and then lies back down asleep. strange.

So, the sleep routine and training ensues. I feel as if I'll be working on this for years. It seems, at least for the past 10 months, as soon as we get a routine down, he changes things back up. Our next battle is to start working on getting him down without nursing, but I want to wait until he's a year before we do that. I'll still nurse him, but I don't want it to be the last thing he does. I think it's time to start letting Steve put him down. I need a break!

Comments

Mindy Richmond said…
I think letting Steve put him down is a good suggestion, actually. When I was having trouble with Luke going to bed at night (around Asher's age I think) Mike would have to go in after me and "lay down the law" to tell him firmly that it's night-night time, it's time to go to sleep. He eventually gave up the fits, maybe after a week or so.

It sounds like you're doing a great job. The nice thing is most phases don't last too long and they do eventually learn. Constant training, constant training.

Popular Posts