Birthday decisions

What to do..what to do...

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for Asher's birthday. This is such a huge milestone for all of us. A year ago I was still wondering if we'd deliver a healthy screaming baby and to our thrill and surprise, we did. So much so that Beth mentioned that Asher was the loudest baby she'd ever heard. Thank you God! So now to think that it's already been a year with this amazing little person gracing our lives, I need to start thinking about his big celebration. We want it simple. Simple and small. I originally wanted to invite our friends and his friends, but something in me wanted a small intimate celebration...so that's what we're doing...and then I think we're going to have a bug summer bbq so we can have a fun get together with friends.

I also think there was a part of me that always wants to invite a crazy amount of people to my parties but then always worry that they'll think they need to come baring gifts...when really, I just want to celebrate with them...I think I've been invited to way too many b-day and shower celebrations where a gazillion others were invited also, so you know they're just out for gifts...or maybe I just have an issue with it...that could be the case.

Anyhow, we chose to do a family celebration so we'll only have around 15 folks here. And I want balloons, because Asher loved the balloons at Bea's party...and I want cake...though I'm still deciding what kind...I was thinking carrot. That's my favorite and I can do a lower sugar option...but do I make a large cake? Or should I make a small cake for Asher? Or just all cupcakes??? Decisions....decisions....

I think we're going to grill out and have normal picnic foods...Who knew that a birthday celebration would carry so many decisions!!

Does anyone have any super cool ideas that you've done or seen at 1st year b-day parties?

Comments

SnoWhite said…
Happy Mother's Day!!

I saw a really cute teddy bear cake -- make a round cake and 3 cupcakes...

the round cake is the face, two cupcakes are the ears and one is set on top of the cake for a nose -- really cute... and you'd get a cupcake for Asher too!

let me know if you're interested and I can get you the details.

hope you have a lovely Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day! I will always remember Asher's loud cry. :) It was music to my ears!

Popular Posts