Birthday surprises

WOW! Asher is 1. Well, almost 1. Officially, he'll be 1 @ 11:28 this evening...but still...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHER!!!

In celebration of his own birthday, he's already given us a morning birthday present that was dropped on the floor. I guess letting your 1 year old, walk around diaperless isn't the best idea! And then he proceeded to use his new play broom to push it around. FUN!! So I got to clean up Asher poo off the floor plus take a new favorite toy away from a very sad little boy because it too, was poopy. It's been a very exciting birthday morning over here!

After an almost napless day yesterday, he did manage to pull an 11 1/2 hour uninterrupted sleep last night! That's his longest stretch so far. And he's been happy as a clam all day with the exception on me taking his poop broom away. I'm sure he's excited for his big family birthday celebration on Saturday. We really don't have anything planned for today...does that make me a bad mama?!? Maybe I should make him something special for dinner...or give him his first taste of peanut butter...how exciting!

I still remember last year so well. Man, I wanted Asher out!!! If I only knew what I was in for I think I would have enjoyed my last few days without a living child a bit more...but as all women waiting to meet their child, I couldn't wait any longer.

This past year has been life changing. It's been challenging and scary and sleep deprived...but mostly, just beautiful and fulfilling and joy filled. Thank you Asher for joining our family. Thank you for being such a joy to raise and love and watch grown and learn. I love you so very much my dear son. And just as in the meaning of name, you are truly a blessing. Even when you do poo on the floor! Let's just not make it a habit!!

Comments

SnoWhite said…
Happy Birthday Asher!!! I hope you guys have a great day together and you have fun celebrating this weekend.
Katie said…
Happy Birthday Big Man!!
(Haze slept well last night too - I guess wearing them out all day isn't SUCH a terrible thing...)
Happy Birthday!! I can't believe it's been a year.. I remember the events of this day so vividly still -- sending you on a walk -- missing Asher's birth -- driving to Lansing -- hearing Asher cry (and boy could he cry)!!! :)

Popular Posts