help, I've fallen

I feel as if I've fallen in a bit of a rut lately. I feel blah. I feel like I'm at home all day teaching and playing and laughing and running and throwing and chasing my amazing child around. And when he's sleeping, I'm recovering from teaching and playing and laughing and running and throwing and chasing...or I'm cleaning and picking up and washing diapers and dishes and floors and toilets just to watch them all get destroyed again. That's my day. Over and over again. I'm not complaining. I want to be here for my son. We're poor and we can't do or buy the things we used to, but it's all worth it. I love my new job.

But some days I don't want to do the cleaning and picking up and making dinner and washing dishes. Some days, I want someone to take care of me. Some days I want to be a child again. Man, we had it made didn't we?!?! I wish I knew then what I know now. I would have really appreciated my mom more! Being a stay at home mom is the hardest job out there!

Some days, like today, I want to torch my house to deep clean and de-clutter. I feel like I'm in this never ending,
ever piling, world of clutter and mess. I want to re-organized but that will take purchasing a storage cabinet for our living/dining room and I hate spending money. So I don't...I just try to deal...but the mess ensues. I'm sick of looking at it all so I'm going to go downstairs to watch a movie and forget about the mess...but tomorrow morning as I'm teaching and playing and laughing and running and throwing and chasing my amazing child around, and cleaning and picking up and washing diapers and dishes and floors and toilets, I'm going to see all this clutter and get frustrated all over again.

Can someone throw me a rope to get me outta this rut? I need to shake off the frustration and tackle the mess. I need to prioritize and re-evaluate. I need a hit my refresh button and take a different look.

Comments

Jenny Cole said…
One thing at a time :)

www.flylady.net has some good tips for keeping up with the house, family, and even taking care of yourself. I don't do everything the way she suggests, but a lot of it is great. Like the 27 fling boogie - grab a bag, walk through the house, and put 27 things in it that can be thrown away. Take the bag directly to the outside trash can. You won't have a clutter-free house in one day, but little by little, you will get there. I'm still working on it, and have a long way to go!

Hope it helps! :)
Mindy Richmond said…
Obviously you can't do it all in a day, but if you could just pick one small problem area and make it clutter free and spic and span it will help you feel like you are making progress. Take a corner, or a surface area, or even the kitchen sink and make it your new mission to keep that area clear and clean. Then when you have that down, take that habit and spread it to another area, and so on.

It's a long process but sometimes the best way to get started is to use that anger and frustration to motivate you. If you want some more personal help with this, let me know. I am very passionate about this subject (in fact I just blogged about it AGAIN) and would love to help you get started.

Popular Posts