Terrible news revisited

2 years ago, we received the most terrible news we could have heard.
'This is where your child's heart is. I'm sorry to say that it's not beating'
Our dreams with this child were shattered. 2 years ago I was lying in a hospital bed, waiting to deliver a child that would never look at me. Never reach for me or call me mama. I was laying in a hospital ward filled with people becoming parents to screaming babies, but I knew mine would be so silent.

Tomorrow we're going to celebrate Jorai's birth. And we've been talking about her and deciding what we want to do to celebrate, but it never hit me until 2 minutes ago where we were 2 years ago. I'm not going back there tonight. I don't have the energy. It's too devastating to think about.

I wish I could fix this problem. I wish no one had to go through this type of loss. I'll never be able to wrap my mind or heart around it. My heart aches thinking about it.

2 years ago I was planning on meeting my sweet baby girl. A meeting that was over way too soon. A dream that was over way too soon. The dream of her life. It blew out way too soon, way too suddenly. I miss you Jorai.

Comments

SnoWhite said…
We're holding you and your family in prayer today.

Popular Posts