Baby food

I've been making Asher his food for the past 7 months. The first 4 months or so were incredibly easy. All fruit and veggies, steamed and then pureed or mashed and then frozen in cubes and placed in the freezer for easy thaw and eat yumminess. Then we started to add some meat in and then breads and whole foods so he can finger feed himself. but lately I've really been trying to look and think outside the box for new meals.

Although Steve and I eat a lot of organic foods, it's not all organic. And with Asher, I'm still a bit organic crazy. I know most folks just start giving their kids whatever they're eating...and we do that a bit, but for the most part he still eats mostly organic meals I've made especially for him.

In an attempt to create new tastes and senses for Asher, I'm exploring new, fun ways to serve him nutritious meals...but they need to be super easy and speedy and it must be able to be made into small portions to freeze. I've searched on the web a lot and have read a lot of books, but there's isn't much that really sounds yummy to me.

So...I'm starting a new category on this blog especially for baby/toddler food. The recipes I make and Asher loves, I'm going to post here for my own reference, but also for any one else to check out and try. If any of you have any recipes your toddler loves, let me know. I'd love to try them.

Here's to happy cooking for our marvelous babes.

Comments

SnoWhite said…
awesome! I'm very much looking forward to stashing up recipes for the future.

Popular Posts