Salmon Cakes

I wasn't sure that I wanted to start the journey down the fishy road, but after talking to Asher's Dr. about DHA, I realized that I should start introducing salmon. I found a few recipes, but as usual I wasn't sure about them, so I made my own. Asher LOVES them. I used 1 frozen salmon patty. I have no idea the weight...but it was probably 4"x3". And you could use any kind of fish...but the salmon was lovely. You could also use canned salmon.

Recipe:
  • small piece of salmon (use your judgment and double or triple the recipe...my small piece made about 8- 2" patties). bake and fork apart.
  • about 10 fingerling potatoes (or 6 small redskins). Boil half and keep the other half raw. shred both.
  • place 2 whisked eggs yolks in a bowl
  • add 1/4 cup pureed spinach...I used cooked, but I think raw would be great. I only had cooked on hand. Next time I'll experience with more veggies.
  • add some Parmesan cheese
  • add some onion
  • add the salmon and cooked potatoes and mix well.
  • form into patties (I may form them into flat sticks next time for easier storage and cutting)
  • coat them in the raw potato
  • fry in olive oil on medium/low heat.
Enjoy! These freeze and re-bake well. I'll re-post any revisions I make.

Comments

Popular Posts