7 weeks

This pregnancy has been so different than the other 2. With Jorai, I was oblivious and elated. I had no idea of the horror I would face at 28 weeks and so each and every day was exciting and truly wonderful. I was a little nauseous, but only if I hadn't eaten in a while but other than that, I felt great. With Asher, I was petrified. Utterly petrified. Every day I felt blessed to have him growing within me, but I never could allow myself to truly enjoy my pregnancy. I was always on edge. I loved feeling him within me, but I also freaked out the second I couldn't feel him. Plus I was exhausted. Totally exhausted.

This pregnancy I'm more exhausted than with Asher. It's to the point where I can barely function...but ya know what, I always get through the day! And I know I can. And the cool thing is that so far, I haven't felt petrified. I've worried here and there, but for the most part, I'm just elated again, like I was with Jorai. It's so funny because I really am dragging my butt through this exhaustion and I'm more nauseous than with Jorai or Asher, but through it all, I'm just super excited...a bit nervous about taking care of 2 crazy babes...but really, just excited.

I thought every pregnancy after losing Jorai would be hard for me, just as my pregnancy with Asher was. But I'm just simply excited for this baby. I'm not checking for blood or worrying everyday about losing this baby. It's been refreshing for me. I'm able to enjoy Asher as well as this new baby. I hope this feeling of calm continues throughout my pregnancy. It's been such a surprising feeling.

Baby 3.0, we can't wait to meet you!!!

Comments

SnoWhite said…
beautiful. God is good, my friend. I'm happy for your peace and for your joy. it's been a long journey and i can see your strength of character shine through in your writing. we are rejoicing with you as well, and holding you in our prayers.

Popular Posts