Vaccinations

I just got a letter from the Ingham County Health Department telling me that 'one of the best ways to protect my child is to make sure he has all of his vaccinations'! They sent this to me because the State of Michigan's Immunization Record shows that Asher hasn't gotten any vaccinations and they want me to know about a health fair where I can get him up to date.

I knew about the
State of Michigan's Immunization Record since I worked in 3 different health departments, but come on. I never thought I'd be getting reminders sent to me. As if it's not a constant thought on my mind already.

And truthfully, the verbiage of
'one of the best ways to protect you child is to make sure they have all of his vaccinations', kinda freaks me out. I'm not totally against vaccinations as I've said in the past. I think they have saved countless people from sickness and death, but I also believe that there are better ways to give these vaccinations. I'm not sure when we'll start and exactly which ones we'll give our son and which one's we won't, but we'll do what we think is best for his health. I think it's strange to be receiving correspondence when we have signed a wavier against getting vacc's at this time.

It's kinda like a car salesman that keeps calling you in hopes of selling you a car even when you've told him that you don't want a car. I think it's strange. And I assume, we'll continue to get these for his entire childhood, since he won't be getting all the vacc's most kiddos get. joy.

Comments

Popular Posts