vivid dreams

One thing that always weirded me out in pregnancy were the vivid dreams. They seem to take hold and flip your night world upside down. You wake up not knowing what's real and what's not, because your dream life felt so genuine. There were times I would dream about Steve cheating on me or leaving me and I would wake up gutted and pissed. It's so strange how real a dream can feel.

Last night my dream involved a friend dying. There was a funeral, an open casket with him inside, cold, stiff. All of his friends were there and we were all bawling. sobbing. The entire dream was guttural. I felt nauseous. The worst part is that it felt like it lasted all night. I would wake up and fall back to sleep in the same dream. To the same sadness. The same people all crying and screaming...to the same full casket. I could smell the essence of death. It was horrible. And I still can't shake the feeling. I'm still feeling a bit gutted.

What is it with pregnancy that brings on these dreams? And why do they all seem to involve bad things? Why can't I have a good sex dream, or an all you can eat sundae bar dream...or just a dream where I'm laughing all night with my friends and husband? Why did I dream about my friends passing. That just plain sucked.

Blah.

Comments

Mindy Richmond said…
The good sex dreams are nice :) Let's hope you start getting those instead of the depressing death dreams. Lord, please give Kim some good sex dreams! Amen.
Anonymous said…
I found if I took my vitamins in the evenings I always had the very real like dreams and they were never good dreams. When I switched to the morning for my vitamins I did not have those dreams.

Congrats on the pregnancy!

Cindy Agnew
Phoenix Rising said…
That's an interesting idea Cindy. I take my vitamins at night...though I have to, I feel nauseous if I take them in the morning. But that's interesting.

Popular Posts