weaning woes

I've decided to wean Asher. I've haven't been producing anything in a few weeks and now I'm starting to hurt a bit when he tries to nurse. There was a part of me that thought weaning Asher would be best...and another part that thought I could handle nursing both. But with the pain and the reality that Asher's not getting anything any way, I've decided to wean.

It's been hard. I've only been slowly taking it away for the past few days...but he asks for it all the time, and I feel so bad to not give him something that gives him so much comfort. I mean, if it was a cookie or a toy, it wouldn't bother me...but really, all he wants is something that calms him and gives him comfort and I'm saying no. If I didn't feel pain while nursing, I would give in and let him nurse, but I think it's for the best...I'm just heart broken. I haven't nursed him yet today. Surprisingly he didn't ask this morning, but he did ask before his nap and I just brushed it off. Steve tried to put him down for his nap, but he's still up there fussing. I know he wants me...oh...this is so hard!

I want to slowly do this. I would hate to just rip it away from him. I think that would be cruel since he's been nursing now for almost 17 months and there's no medical reason for me to stop immediately. poor punkie.

And I'm going to miss our intimate moments of just him and I, snuggled in. I know I can do other things...but I also know this will be an end to something we both have enjoyed so much. That super cool, amazing bond that only nursing mama's know. I'm going to miss our time together.

My baby's growing up.

Comments

Tali said…
Kim, props to you for being such a dedicated nursing mama for 17 months. That's so wonderful. Asher is a lucky dude to call you his mama!!!

Popular Posts