Memories of you.

The last day Asher nursed was Sunday November 1st at 9:40am. Boo. Yesterday he asked to nurse at his nap, but I told him that it hurt Mama and that we didn't need to nurse. He shed a few tears but then settled down on a shirt covered boob and took his bottle as I rocked with him and sang some songs. Today he didn't even ask to nurse at his nap.

I know this is a good thing and I know people are probably sick of me talking about it, but it's a big bummer in my life. I miss it already. I'm second guessing my decision with flu season upon us and I just miss our snugly time.

But, there are positives...more so if I wasn't preggers...but it's nice to have another way to calm him down. I guess I just didn't realize that my last time nursing was Sunday. I would have savored the time a bit more. A part of me wishes he would ask 1 more time so I could savor our last time together...but I don't think it will happen. I think he's over it. We'll see.

I'm glad now that I gradually weaned him. It gave us both time to ease into it. And although there were a few tears, there weren't a lot. It was a fairly easy transition for him. For him. It's a bit of a different story for me...but I'll be OK. My little boy is growing up. He doesn't need that part of me anymore. But he does need other parts of me. This is just one more milestone to place in the record book. A sad one for his mama...but a good one.

So here's to the memories...
  • here's to warm faces smooched against my skin
  • here's to sticky fingers holding on tight as if trying to not fall off
  • here's to hours and hours of staring into closed eyes, marveling at long lashes, kissing sweet rosy cheeks, cleaning out waxy ears and tickling chubby little fingers and toes.
  • here's to having my necklace and earrings being wanked at, chest being slapped and pounded and pinched, eyes being poked at and fingers being shoved in my mouth.
  • here's to those long open stares as if you're telling me I love you.
  • here's to all those hours we spent together, just you and I...hanging out...talking and singing and just being...together.
I love you baby boy.


Comments

Popular Posts