vacation in December

I never really put much thought to it really...other than if I wanted to deal with Asher in a non-child proofed condo and on a long plane ride, but as I continue to see the downfalls of traveling in the month of December, I realize how I really never want to take another vacation in December again.

I look forward to November and December every year. The spirit changes in people. The air is different. There's magic to the season I think. All the holidays, all the traditions and meanings and the spirit of giving...the parties and the food and the get togethers. The lights and decorations and music. The snow. And I hate snow! But the snow, when it first comes...it's so exciting...so beautiful.

We normally take a Florida vacation in March. But since I'll be giving birth in early April, we chose not to go and the offer was placed to go in December. To tell the truth, I never really wanted to go. I knew it would be a headache with Asher and I just didn't want to deal. But Steve really wanted to make the adventure, so alas...we're going. And I think we'll probably have a wonderful time if Asher adjusts to the sleeping arrangements and after we proof a VERY kid unfriendly place...but so far we'll be missing 2 great events at Riv, a girl get together for me, my nieces birthday and a free photo op at our photographers...not to mention I'm so anxious to go out and get a Christmas tree but we can't until the 13th. And that's just the stuff I know about right now.

It's only a week, but I feel as if we're already missing so much. December is such a busy, fun month. I don't know what I was thinking! So, I'm trying not to be a boob and I'm trying to get excited for a vacation that we normally have a lovely time at, but I'm also putting my foot down. No more vacations at the holidays. They're too important for me to miss any of it.

Comments

Popular Posts