Nursing my boy

The last day I nursed Asher was November 1st, 2009. It was hard for me to take that away from my boy. He loved it so. But I was starting to hurt and knew that I couldn't keep it up.

When we lost Selah, I knew that I wanted to try nursing him again. I figured that my milk would come in, as it did with Jorai, and I'd be in severe pain for days. I knew I would have all this wonderful milk for my son, and maybe other babies in need. And I thought that even if my son didn't want to nurse, I could give it to him in a bottle so he would have all the nutrients and anti-bodies. A part of me thought this is what I would have to do...I thought if I tried to nurse him he would look up at me in horror and wonder what in the world I was trying to do.

Well, that didn't happen. The moment I offered him my breast on December 21st, he hasn't been able to get enough. He asks for it all the time and would camp out there for hours if I'd let him. He normally cries when I pull my shirt down.

The pisser is that my milk never came in. He's getting something and it doesn't hurt me, but he really isn't getting much at all...and maybe he doesn't need it...but I'd love to be able to give him more breast milk and less cow milk and I think it would have been cool to be able to donate my milk. But one thing I'm grateful for, is just being able to nurse Asher again. Having that bonding time. That one on one time...it's so wonderful, so peaceful. so healing.

So I'm adding this to my grateful list. I love you baby boy...toddler boy...I'm glad we get this time together again.

Comments

Popular Posts