Nursing through the stillness

I never thought I'd get to nurse my son again when I weaned him last October. So when Asher latched on the first time in 2 months, I was thrilled. I was excited to know that he was getting the sweet, nutritious and immunity filled nectar that God created for us to nourish our babes. And I was so happy to see how excited Asher was to nurse too. He asks to nurse around 6-7 times a day and hangs out for up to 30 minutes.

The problem?

My milk just isn't coming in. There's a little in there, but for the most part, all he's doing is sucking. Which is fine. He's happy, but I'd really like to be able to nourish him as well. So here's my question...what can I do? How can I increase my milk? I'm getting enough stimulation, I've been trying to drink enough water...should I try some herbs? Or should I just be happy with what he gets?

I have to admit that the whole thing kinda pisses me off. When we lost Jorai, my milk came in so much it was horrible. I was in such pain. And now, when I have a child I can nurse and when I'm willing to pump for others, my milk doesn't come in. I'm really trying not to get down about it. I'm really trying to think positive and go with the flow...but in the spirit of honesty, it's frustrating.

Comments

Popular Posts