Toddlerhood

I think that being an at home mama rocks. It's so freakin' hard and at times that I think I'm about ready to lose it, but all in all, I know I've made the right decision. I love my friends. I love my neighborhood. I love being able to get out and allow Asher to be surrounded by so many different children and groups. I love never having to leave my child and I love being able to teach him and mold him and discipline him.

In saying that, we've hit toddlerhood and my world has been turned upside down. I'm not sure if it's solely Asher's determination and naughtiness, or if it's a combination of that and my short emotional breaking point as a result of my recent loss of Selah...but man has it gotten increasingly difficult over the past few weeks! Oy Vey! He's challenging! And I love it...it totally cracks me up. He keeps giving me this look like 'I'm so cool!' or 'Yes, I know you want that, but it's not gunna happen mama!'. And it so makes me laugh, but man, sometimes I think working and only seeing my child from 5:30-8 would be wonderful!

But then I remember how horrible that would be, and VERY quickly change my opinion. I would hate never seeing my child. I would hate other people raising him or laughing with him, feeding him, soothing him...you name it, I'd hate it.

As much as this time is going to be majorly challenging, I feel SO blessed to be home, every day, with him. We may not get to eat out much, I may not have the best, new clothes or be able to buy things I used to be able to, but it's so worth it. I'd rather be poor and wear goodwill clothes, than have more and not be able to enjoy all of Asher's boyness.

I love ya bugga boo. You test my patience each and every day...or minute...but you crack me up and you're seriously the cutest little boy I've ever laid my eye's upon. You're sassyness is a joy, your wits astound me and your smile lights up my life. You fill me up with joy and I can't wait to see the boy you grow into.

Comments

Popular Posts