Food deceptions

Asher has been a bit of a difficult eater lately. Things he used to love, he now won't even let them touch his lips. I've gotten used to smearing things on his mouth, so he'll at least lick his lips to taste it. It's frustrating. So, I'm trying new things and all I have to say is how amazing it is to have a vitamix.

If Asher won't eat his oatmeal in the morning...I blend it into a smoothie. The funny thing is that within 5 minutes of refusing to eat his oatmeal in a bowl...he'll suck it all down through a straw.

Over the past week, Asher and I've been sucking down green smoothies. He loves them. LOVES them. As soon as I start blending, he's asking for some. The funny thing is that they're loaded with spinach and baby greens. Each container has about 5 giant handfuls of greens, a few cups of frozen fruit, a banana, orange and a little water. Today as I was making them a few green leafs fell to the ground. Asher ran over to them and instantly put them in his mouth for a taste. The look he made was hilarious. You would have thought he just ate his own poo. And I just looked at him, laughed and thought... "if you only knew son...if you only knew all you ate!".

I place veggies in most everything he eats. It's so gratifying to see the look of disgust on his face one moment while the next he slurps up the same 'yucky' food, only to say 'mmmmm!' Sorry for the deception buddy...but it's so good for you.

Comments

Popular Posts