Loving my boy through the stink

Asher woke at 6:3o this morning. Ugh. Not a good way to start the day. He woke screaming bloody murder so I think he had a nightmare...which crushes me a bit. What do toddlers dream about that's so scary? It's sad. So I went in and gave him a big hug, telling him that it's O.K.. Then we nursed and rocked and I hoped, big...giant hopes that he would fall back asleep. But of course, that didn't happen. So we were up. At 6 friggin' 30.

Because he woke up 1-2 hours earlier than normal, he was full of the dickens....piss and vinegar...whatever it was, he was full of it...to the rim full. I would give him his milk and instead of drinking it, he'd come over to smear his milky straw all over me. So I would take it away and he'd scream. He was standing on chairs and tables, knowing he was being naughty. He was smacking my toosh...thank you husband for teaching our son that trick! Oye...it was a long morning.

To pass some time and get us away form the house, we went to Target to buy him a new drum...because what else do you do with your naughty son but buy him things! When we got home we banged and sang and banged together. Then we went outside to build a snowman, but the snow wouldn't pack...so we played on the snow covered swingset where he loaded his drawers...so we came back inside...As soon as I took his snowsuit off, I notice poo all over the floor.

Did I mention he loaded his drawers...I mean, LOADED them. It was dripping all down his legs. Joy! When I got his pants off, he stepped in it. It was every where. Every where. I don't like poop. After the clean up and re-dress and early lunch, I took him upstairs for an early nap, where he tried to make me look beautiful by licking off my face mole. yup. licking. Because ya know, licking takes off everything. Silly boy.

With a few songs and some milk he's down for the count. It's been a long morning filled with laughter and screams and ear piercing banging and singing and a partial snowmen squatting in our front yard and swingset playing and lots of poo and kisses and outfit changes and hugs and licks and singing and dancing and joy...because I loved almost every bit of it and though it's only 12:30 and I feel as if I'm covered in sweat, milk, tears, spit and stinky poo...I'm so proud to be that stinky little boys mama.

Comments

Popular Posts