follow-up...

What I didn't say in my last post, is that the doctor at U of M was amazing. She was so kind and supportive and thorough and apathetic. Though we didn't get the answers we were searching for, to have such knowledgeable and caring people working with us, was a blessing. It was a bittersweet appointment.

In other news...if we do get pregnant, I think we'll find out the sex of the child as soon as possible. Which is a strange thought coming from us since we love the surprise...but then we can name our child and start bonding so we can have as much time possible with him/her.

I'm really apprehensive about trying again. I'm not sure when we'll start...but I'm apprehensive. My heart has endured so many fractures...I'm not sure if I'll stay together if we have another blow. I may just break and fall apart for good. But I have to take the chance. I can't give up.

One thing that makes me nervous though, is the child. I pray that if and when our babies die(d), they feel/felt no pain. Thinking they felt scared and pain haunts me...and if they did...I don't think I could risk another one enduring it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i can only imagine half of the thoughts that zoom through your head when thinking of ttc again. i am so disappointed that no light was shed on what could have caused your girls' death. you have every right to be cautious and put the brakes on as long as you need to. and i LOVE the house comment. i wish he was a real doctor so we could present your case to him and he could once and for all tell you what's up.

hang in there momma. there is an entire community out there for ttc after loss (you probably already know that, if not i can hook you up) that can help wit some of your anxiety and even answer some questions, but mostly just be present for you.

and i'll certainly be here for you. forever and always, friend.
Mirne said…
I've thought about it a lot too -- about the pain. And I truly believe they didn't feel pain. I believe that for them it was like going to sleep. There was no fear. They were babies - they knew no fear. They just went to sleep and didn't wake up. No pain. No fear. That's what I believe.
Unknown said…
Wow, you sound like me...I just wrote a letter to friends asking for no judgement when we try again...because I'm just not ready to stop.

I love your honesty. I know I've said that 9 million times, but it bears repeating.

For me, the possibility of pain does not outweigh the possibility of JOY. You know?

I too wonder what my heart would do with another loss or more birth defects...but I guess maybe I'm just crazy enough to find out.
Unknown said…
p.s. I agree with Mirne...babies don't know fear...I think it just "stopped", you know? But they didn't know fear the way we know it.

I KNOW that is true.

I HATE that you have to think about that. I HATE it.

Popular Posts