Look who's turning two

In exactly two months, Asher will be 2. 2!. I never really thought I'd truly have a living child...let alone have him turn 2. I'm excited to celebrate with our family. I was thinking of inviting some of his friends...but I think we're going to stick with just family again this year. Another bbq with outdoor games. I think Asher will have a blast with his cousins.

I've been trying to think of what we want to do for his birthday cake this year. Last year I made a small, round, carrot cake for Asher and cupcakes for everyone else. While talking to a dear friend on Friday, as we searched for a resting place for Selah...which we didn't find...I thought a drum cake! But how...how do you make a drum set cake? I found a picture I want to base my creation on...but I'm not a very good cake creator...with the exception of a typical round cake. So I'm a bit nervous. I don't want it to be a disaster...but if done right, it could look really cool.

For all my baking friends out there, do you have any ideas of how to make a cake like this? How do I keep the 'bass drum' up? And what do you think the cymbal is?


or what about this...

Comments

SnoWhite said…
Those are super cute cakes! I'm not a cake guru... but I'm guessing the second cake would be easier to make.

The cymbal looks like a slice of cake that is unfrosted.
Wendy said…
Tricia Miller makes amazing cakes if you don't want to do it yourself.
Phoenix Rising said…
Wendy...I didn't even think of Tricia!!! I'll talk to her about it. Thanks!!!

Popular Posts