argh

Why is it that people decide to open their mouth only to let out crap?

I've been feeling fairly good about my body image lately. I've lost nearly 15 pounds since having Selah and though I'd love to lose 5-10 more, I'm O.K. where I am. I was even able to cram myself into a pair of skinny pants on Saturday. I was so excited.

But then today as we walked into Sawyer's for another amazing breakfast, the seater said 'Just two of you today...well, I guess 2 and a half?'. Ummm...no...there's no half. Seriously? Do I really need someone to tell me that my tummy pops out a little bit? Do I need to have someone remind me of that...do I need to think people think I look pregnant? Seriously?

Why, oh why, do people continually ask me if I'm pregnant? It's like the world is against me some days. And though it's a blow to my self esteem, it's more of a blow to the fact that I've lost two children, would love to be pregnant, and know that possibility of carrying to term is unlikely. Thanks for the reminder buddy and thanks for destroying the good feeling of losing so much weight.

Not such a wonderful way to start my week.

Comments

I don't understand why people don't keep their yaps shut. I remember after losing Charlie people asking me when I was due. I also remember being so pissed that I couldn't control myself so I'd shoot back at them that I'm not DUE.. my baby died.. but thanks for asking..
I'm sure I made them feel like crap, or at least made them think twice before asking a complete stranger when they're "due"..
Unknown said…
People who assume pregnancy are douches. NEVER assume pregnancy.

Yesterday I told an older woman "Happy Mothers' Day" and then I thought, "That was stupid." I was just assuming because she was an older woman that she was a mother.

DUMB.

people just do dumb things.

for some reason the link you sent me to your facebook page didn't work. :(
Phoenix Rising said…
hmmmm...


Try this.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=700323833&ref=ts

btw, I'm taking a bit of a hiatus from FB right now, so I haven't been posting. I'm sure I'll be back soon.

Popular Posts