2 years!

People keep coming up to me and saying 'WOW! You've already popped!'...or... 'Do you have twins in there?'. Ya just gotta love all the comments that come with pregnancy...but at least I am pregnant and it's just not people thinking I am. Not that I'm a chunk...I've actually lost all the baby weight...but there's a problems that occurs when you've been pregnant for as long as I have...and it's a hard 'bump' to get rid of.

As I was contemplating all of my pregnancies and how fast I start to 'bulge' out, I started counting. These are the stats.
  • I got pregnant with Jorai in late November '06. I was 28 weeks when we lost her in June '07.
  • I got pregnant with Asher in September '08 and carried 40 weeks 1 day, delivering him in June '08.
  • I got pregnant with Selah in August '09. I was 24 weeks when we lost her in December '09
  • I got pregnant with this little bean of ours on May 15th '10....
So from December '06 through now, I've been pregnant 4 times...what's scary is that I've been pregnant 100 weeks so far...100 weeks in 3 years and 7 months. I've been pregnant more than not, in the past 3 years and 7 months. I've been pregnant almost 2 full years.

2 years! I've been pregnant 2 years out of the past 3 1/2 years! No wonder my belly pops so soon! I've actually not gained a single pound in the past 8 weeks, yet by the looks of my stomach, I look like I'm in my second trimester. It's ridiculous. But so is being pregnant so freakin' long!

2 years...this is just plain crazy! I'm not sure how my poor body is functioning with all the hormones and extra fluids and strain of it all. 2 years. I'm officially an elephant (gestationally speaking...no smart comments please!!!)...with 7 more months to go...

oye ve!

Comments

That is a long time to spend being pregnant! No wonder your body is reacting so strongly this time.

Congratulations on the new little baby.

Popular Posts