Sickness and sleepless nights abound



Last week Asher started drooling like a drunk man. It was disgusting. It was worse than when he was 8 months old. SO gross. So of course I figured that he was teething...which I still kinda think he was, but it turned out to be so much more. It turned into a virus called herpangina, which is related to herpes, but no it doesn't affect the vagina...it causes painful ulcers on the tongue and throat. So painful that kids can't eat. It's supposedly a 'mild' virus, though it was never mild for Asher. He had a low grade fever, but also developed a horsey cough and today his nose started running river loads. It's been a rough week. We went to the doc. this morning...for the third time this week....and he now has an ear infection! Poor buddy. It's his first ear infection...his first round of anti-biotics and his first taste of food coloring and high fructose corn syrup which was in a cough syrup they gave us. I find it interesting that they fill medicines which are suppose to help us, with crap that can harm us.

Well, since Friday, I have gotten very little sleep. Very little. On Friday night I maybe got 5. Saturday, 3...3! Steve let me sleep in Sunday morning, so I got 5 total. Last night, I hooked in the humidifier and he only woke a few times, though I'm so sleep deprived, that I'm still exhausted. Utterly. Today he took almost a 4 hour nap! I joined him for a bit of it, so I think I'm starting to catch up, but I think it will be another 9pm bedtime for me.

What I've learned during these past few days of having a sickie...

taking care of a 2 years old who feels crummy, sucks.

being sick, I guess, allows a toddler to become an emotional basket-case who's running around happy one second and whining the next.
taking care of a sick toddler and growing a child is utterly exhausting.


Can someone wave their sickness sucker over my child to make him feel better....and grant me 2 fulls days of blissful, uninterrupted sleep? Please?

Oh, my sweet sickie punkin' pants, please feel better soon so we can play with our friends and leave this quarantined house...and get some sleep!

Comments

Holly said…
Somehow I have missed most of your updates about Asher. Yuckers, Kim! I pray for health to return, sleep to return and us to return (to your house :o).

Popular Posts