Sweet Asher memory



Sweet baby boy, your expression today as you sat pounding the drums while the girls ran upstairs to get away from the noise, was excruciatingly beautiful. As you sat there with a huge pout on your face, sad-sad puppy dog eyes and your hands pressed against each side of your bowed head, I realized just how much you love your music and want to share it with everyone.

You were so devastated that you couldn't even bring yourself to walk back upstairs, you wanted me to hug you and carry you up the stairs. You kept asking why your friends left and wanted them to come back down to play drums. You just couldn't understand how drums could ever be too loud.

Oh sweet boy of mine, I love you so! Please never lose your love of music and the need to share it with everyone!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome blog! I've included it on a site I've created, which is a compilation of some of the best blogs in the city.

Best of Blogs Phoenix
http://bestofblogsphoenix.wordpress.com
Phoenix Rising said…
I appreciate it! But just so you know, I live in Lansing, MI. My blog name is in reference to the mythical bird, not the city.
Mellie said…
Hope you are ok... miss your updates.
Phoenix Rising said…
Melanie, WOW! Thanks for reminding me...and thinking of me too. Just updated!

Popular Posts