update

Wow. I just realized how long it's been since I've updated my blog. Wowza!

So let's see...Asher is amazing. He is growing so fast and talking a ton and making us laugh every day. He has successfully potty trained himself, with our help of course, and we're oh, so proud. He still wears a diaper for naps and night, but many times he wakes dry. He hasn't poo'd on the potty yet, but I'm just so proud that he's in big boy undies all day that I really don't care.

He's huge. He's a whopping 43 pounds and yet I can feel and see his spine and 6-pack! His waist is really looking thin, yet he has to wear all 4t clothes at 2 1/2! I was able to keep him in 3t pants up until a few weeks ago but now, I've had to pack them all away. He's growing through clothes so fast it's ridiculous!

He loves to help me cook and help Steve wash the dishes. He also likes to 'help' with any home improvement or fix-it project. It's so much fun watching him grown and learn and copy our actions...a bit scary too...but cool.

New baby...still nameless. We still like Judah and Grayson and just yesterday threw in Nicolai. Naming a boy is so hard! He's a big boy, go figure! Well, at least that's what the ultrasound says. A week ago, he was measuring in at 7 1/2 pounds already. Asher was born at 7'11''. His head and limbs were measuring a little over a week ahead. His belly? His belly measured 39 weeks 4 days! I was around 36 at the time! Scary!

I'm super uncomfortable. More so than with any other child. It's hard to sit, stand, lay, walk, play with Asher...you name it. I've been seeing my chiropractor and got a massage, but it's still there. Plus the babe is pushing out a ton, to the point where it's painful. I'm trying not to complain, because I feel so blessed to be pregnant and I want to enjoy each and every moment, but I'm ready. Really ready.

Tomorrow I'll be 37 weeks. 3 more weeks left, if I go on time. I can't believe I've made it this far. I can't believe I still feel movement and that I may actually leave the hospital one last time with a living child in my arms. It all feels so alien to me. I mean, I've done it before, but it's not the norm for me. I still freak out. I freaked out last night and almost made a mad dash to the ER, but after using my trusty doppler and monitoring the heartbeat for a bit, I knew things were OK and I let go of the anxiety.

Steve and I are doing well, but tired. Real tired. Trying to get ready for the new baby while at the same time taking care of a toddler has been hard. And with my pregnancy, I'm just really tired! I know we need to get out and enjoy each other, but to tell you the truth, I'd rather sleep! How sad.

So wow...that's an update in a nutshell. I'll try to update more later.

Comments

Popular Posts