update

It's been awhile since I last posted, so I thought I needed to at least let people know I'm OK.

Greyson's arrival into our family has been a huge change to our lives. A wonderfully beautiful change, but one that's been exhausting! I keep wanting to load pictures or post Greyson's birth story. But It's not going to happen tonight or any night soon probably.

Greyson's a gem. He's so fun. He beautiful and every time I look at him, I think of Jorai which has been wonderful. His eyes are her eyes. Of course I only see her when his eyes are closed, but it's amazing. He's a super chill baby. He eats and sleeps and still, that's it. He's only awake for usually around 15-30 minutes at a time. In his wakeful periods, he just smiles and coo's away. It's a joy watching him. Now...between the hours of 6pm-10pm all he wants to do is nurse. Well, suck really. Which can be painful. We're working on finding other ways to calm him which will be wonderful, but for now, I sit a ton and nurse. But I have to admit, I still love nursing. I love his smiles and warmth and just every thing. He's wonderfully amazing.

Asher...wow. Asher is really starting to crack me up. He's talking a ton so his personality is shining through more. Yesterday when I went up to get him from his nap he said '3 nem-em-nems'. We give him M&M's for potty rewards so I asked 'M&M's? Why do you get 3 M&M's?' He quickly replied 'HUG!' and wrapped his arms around my neck saying again 'Big hug!'. Too funny. He now is trying to get M&M's for hugs. Silly boy! Today as we were outside talking to neighbors, Asher walked into the garage, grabbed the recycle bin and walked it down to the curb. The kid is seriously cracking me up.

He's amazing with Greyson. A bit like a bull in a candy shop, but all in all he's such a little helper and lover it's wonderful. He even wants to share his special Mama alone time before nap with Greyson. The other day he cried because Greyson was sleeping and he wanted to share story time with him. He's an amazing big brother and it's been such a joy watching him love on Greyson.

Steve and I are exhausted. Mentally and physically. It's been taxing. We barely talk, to tell you the truth. By the time both children are asleep, we just sit there, exhausted, enjoying the silence. It's sad! But I also know that it's only for a short time. I know we'll start finding our way in our new life. Greyson will start sleeping longer stints and there will come a day where he'll be on a schedule and possibly even start taking a bottle. Oh, what a wonderful day that will be! And maybe, some day soon, I'll actually be able to clean the house! Sorry to all of you who have come through our doors in the past few weeks! Wowza!!

So that's our life update. The kids are absolutely amazing and the adults are exhausted but blissfully happy.

Comments

Popular Posts