What milk is this?

In an attempt not to waste any mama milk, I decided to fill Asher's nap bottle (yes, he still gets a bottle for nap and night...don't judge!) with some left over breast milk. I figured it hasn't been all that long since he nursed, and he nursed for so long that he probably wouldn't care. So I filled it and gave it to him and turned around to get Greyson...from in his room I hear a whine then a "Mama, wass this? Wass milk is this? Wass bottle? Me no like this bottle!" I tried to explain to him how special that milk was and how much he used to like that kind of milk. I told him it was nursing milk and so good for him. "No Mama, no like this bottle! Me like different bottle." Of course all said in his perfect little whine.

So, down the stairs I go, watch the precious milk cascade down the drain and watch the cow milk take it's place. boo. As soon as I gave the new bottle to Asher he exclaimed "I like this bottle Mama!" "Me like this milk!". boo boo! I was going to sneak it into his cereal this morning but decided to give it to him at his nap...maybe I should have poured it over his cereal. My son's growing up. And I know it's exciting, but it's also so sad!

Comments

Anonymous said…
be sure to brush his teeth before he goes to sleep, giving them milk at night will cause tooth decay. the sugar in milk destroys enamel
Tali said…
such a bummer to waste that liquid gold! i recently pumped and spilled almost 8 ounces when attempting to transfer it into a bag and i literally cried crocodile tears over it! it's even sadder that your big boy asher shunned it! doesn't he know how precious it is?!
Elizabeth said…
You could always donate your excess milk. :-)
Phoenix Rising said…
Elizabeth, I would never throw away any good milk. I would give it to other nursing moms!!! This was s bottle I had taken out for my 5 month old who wouldn't take it for 3 days. Although I kept trying, he just wouldn't take it. I likes it directly from the source! So I tried to give it to my son since I couldn't re-freeze.

Popular Posts