you're going to be parents!

those were the words that came from my mom in laws lips once again this past sunday. we're going to be parents. what makes a parent of a stillborn child, not a parent? i know i keep going back to this subject, but it gets so tiring hearing it over and over again. we are parents! my mom said the same thing on saturday. 'you're going to be a mom!' i got to hear it twice in 2 days from 2 ladies that held my daughter.

i want to scream at the top of my lungs 'shut up!!! you held my daughter! how can you dare tell me over and over again that i'm not a mother!'. i have to bite my tongue every time it happens. if it happened once or twice or if it was someone who didn't hold and know our daughter, i would have a bit more patience with it, but come on! if Jorai had lived for a day or a week or a year or a decade, and then she died, would i still not be considered a mother? where is that line in the sand?

i looked at both my mom and my mom in law and as calmly as i could i said, 'we're already parents, this will be our second child.' i also told my mom in law that she keeps saying it and it really hurts me. i had to.

i can't wait to never hear those words again.

Comments

:) you ARE parents! You're wonderful parents! I can't wait to be there for the birth of your second child.. :)

Popular Posts