Black Bean Burgers

I've adapted our bean burgers for Asher by adding veggies. They're so yummy and I think I'll probably always make them with the veggies for us as well.

Here's the recipe:
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans of organic black beans, rinsed and drained. I smoosh them...not all of them, but maybe half of them...
  • some sweet onion, minced
  • 1/4 cup shredded raw zucchini
  • 1/4 cup of corn, cooked
  • 1/8 cup of diced, cooked carrots
  • 2/3 cup bread crumbs
  • some garlic, minced
  • Italian seasoning
  • ground cumin
  • 2 whisked eggs
  • salt and pepper
  • Add all together and form into patties (I'm going to start forming them into sticks for easier storing and cutting, but patties work well too).
  • griddle or pan fry with little to no oil.

These freeze and re-heat beautifully. I re-heat by pan frying them with no oil.

Comments

Tali said…
kim, you're so great for posting this stuff. i've hit a wall with food since lu still doesn't have teeth so i feel like she has the same things over and over again. i usually just buy the morningstar black bean burgers, but you are amazing for making your own. i will have to try your recipe.
thanks!
SnoWhite said…
these sound excellent -- even for us!
Katie said…
Yum - I should try some of this for Haze... see if she'll go for it. She's still awfully picky about what actually goes IN her mouth. Stinker.

Hoping to see you guys tomorrow!!
Meg said…
I made these tonight. I used a variety of fresh cranberry bean and switched mushrooms for zuc (because that's what I had. then I rolled them like meatballs and baked them because I didn't have the energy for pan frying. they are delicious!!! Thanks Kim

Popular Posts