website in the works

I've decided to really, truly make a website full of information for families grieving through infant loss. I'm not sure how soon it'll be up, as I haven't even fully nailed down a web developer, but it's going to happen. I have a ton of info and sites I want to share, but I need your help too.

If you have lost a child could you share with me:
  • what some your regrets are
  • what organization you used that helped you
  • what advice you would give to someone
  • what really helped you that friends or family members did
  • what things really hurt you that friends or family members did or didn't do
  • any advice you would give someone else going through this
If you are a family member or friend could you share with me:
  • what is the number one thing you wish you knew to help your family member/friend
Thanks! More to come. I'm excited about the possibility to create this. It's just the first step...the next one is sitting down with hospitals....Prayers please!

Comments

Wendy said…
I think that would be awesome!
# what some your regrets are
--I regret not getting pictures of Charlie with any of his grandparents or uncles and aunties.

# what organization you used that helped you
---SHARE

# what advice you would give to someone
-- take lots of pictures, even if you don't think you want them.. you may further down the road. Get footprints and handprints and a lock of hair.

# what really helped you that friends or family members did
--made food. We didn't want to eat, but when we did, it was nice to have ready-made meals to fix.

# what things really hurt you that friends or family members did or didn't do
--Not including my child, or not talking about him because they thought it would hurt my feelings. I love talking about my son's life and want him included in the "count" of how many grandchildren, etc.

# any advice you would give someone else going through this
--find a good grief counselor. Although Corey and I only went a few times, it felt good to have our feelings validated as being normal instead of feeling out of control.
Phoenix Rising said…
Thanks Beth...You have exactly all the same answers as I do...except the counselor one. Crazy. I wish I would have taken more pictures of both my girls...oh well...
Unknown said…
From two friends who have lost infants:

"I wish I would have taken more pictures, and more pictures of the baby with other family members."

One thing I have heard most from people who have had this type of horrible loss: having friendscome and sit, to be there during and after the birth...not saying anything, just being there...meant so much...kind of like the old Jewish tradition of sitting Shiva
Llama Mama said…
Hi Kim, this is Laine. I'm Leesa's friend, I just joined your mom's group. I wanted to let you know that I have some (admittedly rusty) website design experience, and I'd be happy to help you when you get to that point if you'd like.

Popular Posts